Welcome to my world of clay, yarn, kid and cats. I have a potterystudio in Lunden, Göteborg where you can shop my ceramics. The yarnthing is just for fun, but I plan to share some patterns eventuelly! Feel free to Contact me: annimia77@gmail.com



lördag 23 april 2016

I ordered yarn from Wool and the Gang!

 
 
I'm the knitter who loves buying yarn at second hand stores, the older (almost) the better. The yarn have a history and a feeling of uniqueness to it and I love letting the yarn decide the project, rather than looking for the right yarn for the planned project.

It's also perfect as I have a lot of old knitting- and crochetbooks (I buy everyone I find in second hand-stores. I once studied to become a librarian and what's left of that dream is the secret mission of having the largest craft-library in Sweden. My man is hoping I'm joking everytime I'm talking about it) and it's lovely to actually have the yarn suggested in the 30 year old pattern.


A few of my craftbookshelves...

Well, a week ago I really stepped out of my comfort zone, ordering yarn (YES, NEW yarn) online, and from another country!

Wool and the Gang! Just the NAME! Could the name be any cooler?

Happy yarn delivery!!!

I ordered a few balls of the merino/alpaca yarn "Sheepaca Yarn", which eventually will become a brown top-down sweater with pink details. The yarn is so soft and nicely textures, so I'm thinking some kind of cables... not sure yet, so this project has to mature a bit more.

I also ordered 5 different colors of "Shiny happy cotton", two different shades of pink, two shades of grey and a ball of White. Had some ideas of smaller projects, but spontanously started "Sophie's garden", and really don't want to stop, but  I'll have to order more yarn if I want to expand it to Sophies Universe...







It will probably come out in a weird size, too small for a blanket, too big for a pillowcase and too bulky for a tablecloth... Oh well! I'll probalbly hang it on the wall in my craftroom waiting to place my next Wool and the Gang-order... Because I definitely will order more!

I placed my order on Saturday, and I had the yarn in my hand on Tuesday! For real! To me, it almost seems impossibly Quick. The website was really great and placing the order was very easy! The prices is just a bit higher than my normal yarnbudget, but the yarn does feel expensive and lovely so it's well worth it! I expect the finished projects to feel more luxurios than what I'm normally used to.

I loved how it said "Hello Maria!" on the box!

Here's the linkt to Wool and the Gang. Please go and check them out!
https://www.woolandthegang.com/

And the link to the pattern of Sophie's garden and Sophie's universe:
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/sophies-universe-cal-2015/sophies-universe-cal-2015-information/



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar